This workshop serves as an introduction to SolidWorks, a 3D CAD design and analysis software. The different aspects of this software are to be demonstrated, followed by tutorials on how to tackle them, each on his/her PC in the workshop lab.
- Become familiar with the SolidWorks interface
- Graphically model different parts
- Applying stress analysis on a certain part
- Choosing appropriate material and constraints
- High school level understanding of geometry and forces
- Being familiar with any CAD software (AutoCAD, Ansys etc.) helps but is not necessary
- The software required is SolidWorks (Provided in the workshop lab)